Revealing blog survey
Blogads recently completed a survey of 56,000 bloggers in the US. ClickZ reported they found that bloggers broke up in the following groups:
Political BloggerMusic Blogger
- read five blogs per day
- 18% spend 10 hours each week reading blogs over the last 6 months:
- 70% contributed to a cause of campaign online
- 41% spent $100 or more
- 60% bought software or clothes
- 87% bought books, of those 52% spent more than $100
- 72% percent of political blog readers are male;
- 77% have a college degree;
- over 20% have a household income between $60K and $90K.
- 72% male
- 4 percent are ages 31-40
- 86% have bought music online in the last six months
- 47% spent over $100;
- 70% bought books online
- 63% bought clothes.
- 25 %are students, over 58 percent have college degrees
- 77% of gossip blog readers are women,
- 50% are age 22-30;
- 60% plus have a college degree;
- 68 percent purchased clothing online,
- 48% plus spent more than $100.
- 15% of gossip blog fans read three blogs daily
- 15 % spend two hours each week
- 90% percent female;
- 12% plus read five blogs daily;
- 17% pend two hours a week reading blogs;
- 72% bought clothes online in the last six months, and
- 46% spent over $100;
- 83% purchased books;
- 46% contributed to a cause or campaign;
- 23% bought toys.
- 45% of mom blog readers are 22-30 years old;
- 73% have a college degree;
- 21% + have household income between $60K and $90K.